Last Minute World Book Day Ideas
Sometimes, life runs away with you and before you know it, it’s the night before World Book Day and your local supermarket is all out of costumes in your kids size. Sod’s law, right? Fear not, here are some last minute World Book Day ideas you can probably create with things lying around the house.
- Matilda by Roald Dahl – Blue Dress, Red Ribbon – this was a common suggestion when I was discussing with some of my fellow bloggers, with both Hannah from The Swirles Clan and Emily from A Slummy Mummy both putting it forward.
- Charlie Bucket from Charlie & The Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl – Another popular easy choice, just put them in some scruffy clothes and knock up a quick golden ticket
- A Pirate – Pirates Love Underpants / The Pirates Next Day / Ten Little Pirates – If you have any kind of dressing up box, chances are it has some form of pirate costume lurking around in it. Lucky for you, there are endless books which feature pirates, the ones above are some of The Biggests favourites, so here he is modeling his get up last years get up
4. The Boy in The Dress – David Walliams – If you have a boy, stick him in a dress and get him to take along a ball. Easy peasy.
5. Angelina Ballerina – Katharine Holabird – If you already have a budding ballerina in your midst, chances are you already have tutu to put them in.
6. That’s Not My…. If you have a tiny, the options are endless with these. A teddy bear or bunny is really easy to do with a plain onsie and you can make some ears to stick to a headband
7. Alfie Briggs – The Burglar’s Breakfast – Linda Jo over at Mrs Madhouse knocked this little number out. Cute!
8. Gangsta Granny – David Walliams – Get a black skirt, a flowery blouse and cardi and some slippers and make a black eye mask or draw one on with face paint or eyeliner
9. Room on a Broom / Meg & Mog / Worst Witch – Get out your halloween gear and get a dig out your witches costume for this one
10. Billionaire Boy – David Walliams – If you grab a toilet roll, some fake money and some gold card, you can easily put together this character, as Sandy from A Guiding Mother found out.
And there you have it! There are lots of other amazing ideas out there, depending on what you have lying around and can be recycled. What are your kids dressing up as this World Book Day?